What is the parent council?
The parent council is a group of parents from Whitburn Academy that represent parent views and work in partnership with pupils, the head teacher and the local authority to achieve the best for their child’s school.
Your school’s Parent Council is designed to be parent-friendly – it’s a great opportunity to become more involved!
What does the parent council do?
The role of the Parent Council is to:
- support the school in its work with pupils
- represent the views of all parents
- encourage links between the school, parents, pupils, pre-school groups and the wider community
- report back to all the parents in the school (Parent Forum)
Every school’s Parent Council will be different because it will be parents in each school who decide such things as:
- how their Council will be set up
- who should be a member of the Parent Council
- how they should be appointed
- what’s the most convenient time to hold meetings
- what will be discussed at meetings – these might be topics such as school uniform, parking near the school, the school’s anti-bullying policy.
Why not raise money for Whitburn Academy whilst doing your Shopping online? It is really easy to make a donation, http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/whitburnacademy visit for more information.