Developing Career Management Skills
At school and right through to retirement, My World of Work helps you with up-to-date information, advice and tools when you need it most:
- Subject choices – understand your strengths and make better choices about your subject choices and future career
- Leaving school – find a career that interests you and understand the skills you need to get the job you want
- Exam results – straight into a job or onto further learning? Whatever your grades find help in planning your next steps
- Preparing for a job – discover Scotland’s industries, search for jobs, build your CV and practice for interviews
- Modern Apprenticeships – why not earn as you learn? Find out what apprenticeships are available in Scotland and how they work
Get the help you need for the career you want.
My World of Work is delivered by Skills Development Scotland, the national skills body which supports the people and businesses of Scotland.
Contacting Skills Development Scotland
Telephone service: if you would like to speak to someone our contact centre is open Monday to Sunday from 9am to 5:30pm. Call 0800 917 8000
For those still requiring help we can offer an individual appointment in school with Stephen Smith the Skills Development Scotland Careers Adviser. Whitburn Academy pupils can come along to the Drop In Clinic in the library on Tuesdays at 1.20pm or they can request an appointment from the house team.
For local information look at the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SDSWestLothian?ref=tn_tnmn#!/SDSWestLothian